From the Sandusky Register…
In the midst of swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles and capping that off with a grueling marathon, athletes from Sandusky and across the world will find out what they’re really made of Sunday.
It’s at least eight hours of all-out physical exertion — and that’s if you’re a professional. Others may take as long as 17 hours to finish.
More than 1,000 athletes are set to participate in the race that begins bright and early Sunday morning at Cedar Point.
TRIATHLON AT A GLANCE
- Full Triathlon: 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run.
- Half Triathlon: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and 13.1 mile run.
- $150,000 grand prize, as well as prizes for top age group finishers.
- About 400 athletes registered for the full race; 600 plan to do the half.
- Course starts at the beach behind Breakers hotel at Cedar Point, winds over rolling hills stretching as far as Vermilion on bike.
- Race course open from 7 a.m. to midnight, with top athletes expected to complete the full race in eight or nine hours.
- Information at REV3tri.com.
Check out the course maps by clicking on the PDF documents below. That way you can cheer on the athletes… or at least won’t get stuck behind a pack of bikers or runners.