The Blue Streak is a coaster classic at Cedar Point. Opened in 1964, the Blue Streak is the oldest operating coaster at the park. Named after a local high school sports team, the wooden Blue Streak has given nearly 55 million rides since its first summer over 46 years ago.
This wood coaster features a traditional “out-and-back” layout, consisting of fantastic airtime hills, high speed and a ride course that takes you near the parking lot and past the Raptor.
- Opened In: 1964
- Built By: Philadelphia Toboggan Company
- Ride Time: Approx. 1 minutes, 45 seconds
- Capacity: 1,400 riders per hour
- Height: 78 ft.
- Speed: Up to 40 mph
- Ride Length: 2,558 ft.
Also of Interest
- Riders must be 48″ to ride.
- Thrill Rating: 4/5
- The ride, being a wooden coaster, can be shaky at times.
Average Wait Times
Usual wait time is 10-30 minutes. This ride is generally most busy in the early afternoon.
[flickr-gallery size=”medium” mode=”tag” tags=”blue, streak, rollercoaster” tag_mode=”all”]