Posts tagged Ed Dangler
Coaster buffs like myself will enjoy a full 30 minutes with Ed Dangler, Director of Maintenance and New Construction at Cedar Point. Topics include various coaster wheel assembly arrangements, launch and restraint systems, how coasters and maintained and repaired, the process through which Cedar Point decides what to build and how to build it and much more!
- No wooden coaster in the near future for Cedar Point, maybe after two more years. 16:12
- Part of the WindSeeker’s foundation will be on the beach [like suggested by the construction stakes earlier this season]. 18:10
- WindSeeker Challenges 18:15
- Winter Weather
- Water Table
- Process of Adding a Ride 20:32
- Executive Planning Board to decide ride based on the need to offer guests something new and excited.
- Ride manufacturing is in charge of the design.
- TUV overseeing WindSeeker Construction.
- Dick Kinzel decides if they want to be the first at something, such as the tallest and fastest roller coasters. 25:35
- Nostalgia is a delicate decision at Cedar Point. A long and thought out process to remove a ride. 26:00
- Guest input is important. Cedar Point is good friends with ACEers. They read and encourage comments. Social media gives them instant feedback. 28:00