From the Sandusky Register…
Our guests for this week’s Between the Lines program included Sandusky City Commissioner Diedre Cole and Cedar Point General Manager John Hildebrandt.
Click on the player below to watch the entire show.
- October Saturdays are busiest days of the season.
- Hildebrandt averages 5 to 6 miles of walking in the park each day, 8 to 9 miles on Saturdays.
- Special ticket pricing online allow discounts for guests.
- Hildebrandt confirms next year’s new attraction is a ride, that’s above ground, and it not a water ride.
- “I ride just about every ride [at Cedar Point]. I’m not sure I’m gonna ride this.” -John Hildebrandt
- It (next year’s new ride) will be a unique experience.
- Hildebrandt would not confirm the ride was a roller coaster or that it would change the Cedar Point skyline.
- The park recognizes that they need to invest in employee housing, and they’re working hard to do so.
- The new ride doesn’t include the word “star” in any way.
- Hildebrandt would not confirm that Ocean Motion is for sale.
- Undertaker U is getting replaced by The Asylum for HalloWeekends.
- All new show in the Jack Aldrich theatre for HalloWeekends. John describes the show as a song and dance magic show.
- The park is in discussions with IntaRide over the delay of Shoot the Rapids.
- New ride’s color scheme has been “pretty much” decided.
- Construction will begin this fall on the new ride for 2011.
- New ride will be announced later this month.
- There will probably be a construction webcam for the new ride.