Join Cedar Point as they celebrate anniversaries of some of our biggest and best coasters on Monday thru Friday, July 27-31, 2009.
Cedar Point Press Release
SANDUSKY, Ohio, — With 75 rides including 17 roller coasters, Cedar Point is known around the world for having more rides and more roller coasters than any park in the world. This summer six of the Sandusky, Ohio, amusement park/resort’s roller coasters are celebrating special anniversaries. To commemorate this special occasion, Cedar Point will be honoring each of the six classic coasters with its own special day during “Roller Coaster Anniversary Week.”
Celebrating special anniversaries this summer are: Blue Streak (45 years); Cedar Creek Mine Ride (40 years); Jr. Gemini (30 years); Magnum XL-200 (20 years); Raptor (15 years); and Woodstock Express (10 years).
Beginning Monday, July 27 through Friday, July 31, “Roller Coaster Anniversary Week” will honor a different coaster each day with a short ceremony held at the entrance of the featured coaster at 10 a.m. Following the ceremony, a commemorative ride pin will be given out to the lucky riders in line. At the exit, the first 250 riders will also receive free birthday ice cream, courtesy of Toft Dairy, Sandusky. In addition, guests can enjoy trivia from the year the rides were built at the coaster queue.
The schedule for “Roller Coaster Anniversary Week” will be: Monday, July 27: Jr. Gemini and Woodstock Express; Tuesday, July 28: Blue Streak; Wednesday, July 29: Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Thursday, July 30: Magnum XL-200; and Friday, July 31: Raptor.
For more about the coasters of Cedar Point, as well as Roller Coaster Anniversary Week, guests can log on to cedarpoint.com or call the Cedar Point Information line at 419.627.2350.
Cedar Point is offering it’s fans great deals and discounts during the week of July 20-24. Here’s what’s happening (deals and discounts are only valid July 20-24):
Offers For All Fans
You MUST pick up a special coupon book at the Main Entrance July 20-24 to receive most offers. Coupons will be available from 9-1 each day. After 1 p.m., please stop at Guest Services. You must show your Season or Platinum Pass OR your Fan Appreciation Week e-ticket (available below) to receive the coupon book. ALL GUESTS must have a coupon to enter the Bonus Hour ride time, including all Season and Platinum Passholders.
- Buy One Game, Get One Game Free (coupon required; valid at Front Games on the Main Midway, and only on $1 and $2 games)
- Buy one entree, get one (of equal or lesser value) for half-price at Game Day Grille (coupon required)
- Receive 10% off your purchase of $20 or more at Snoopy Boutique or Park Plaza (coupon required; not valid with any other discount)
- Bonus Hour Ride Time – We’re keeping Magnum, Maverick, Millennium Force and Raptor open for one extra hour on Wednesday, July 22 (will begin at approximately 10:30 p.m.). Coupon required for admission. (Weather or maintenance conditions may result in the cancellation of ride time.)
Discounted Ticket Offer
- Purchase a one-day admission ticket (AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY) for $34.99 (valid for admission July 20-24 only). Purchase your ticket here.
Season Passholder Offer
- Bring-a-friend for just $24.99 (ticket valid for one day only).
- Receive $4 off your dinner at Midway Market, located near Raptor. Show your Season Pass for this discount.
Platinum Passholder Offer
- Bring-a-friend for just $24.99 (ticket valid for one day only) – your friend enjoys some of your benefits as well, like Early Entry and Soak City admission on the day of your visit.
- Receive $4 off your dinner at Midway Market, located near Raptor. Show your Platinum Pass for this discount.