From the Sandusky Register…
Monday brought good news for fans of Ocean Motion, Cedar Point’s pirate-themed swinging ship ride. It isn’t going away after all.
After failing to sell the ride, Cedar Point officials decided it shouldn’t go the way of the Demon Drop and other rides that have left the park as new rides come in.
The new location of Ocean Motion will be where the Demon Drop used to be, toward the front of the park, near the midway carousel, a park spokesman said.
Its former location, near the beach, will be home to the new towering WindSeeker thrill ride.
Here are some fast facts about Ocean Motion:
- Pirate-themed boat ride that swings back and forth.
- Manufactured by HUSS Park Attractions, Bremen, Germany
- Debuted in 1981 next to the beach in the northeast part of Cedar Point.
- Seated 54 people. More than 19.5 million people enjoyed this ride through the years.
- Put up for sale in summer 2010 for $179,000.
- Moved in November 2010 to make room for new WindSeeker ride.
- Ocean Motion will now be located at the front of the park where the former Demon Drop welcomed visitors.