The Magnum XL-200 is a landmark at Cedar Point. Built as the first coaster in the world to top 200 feet, the Magnum travels along the Cedar Point Beach and right along the shores of Lake Erie.
In addition to the multiple hills, its 72-mph speed, a unique “pretzel” turn-around and three tunnels, you can see Canada from the top of the lift hill on a clear day!
- Opened In: 1989
- Built By: Arrow Dynamics
- Ride Time: Approx. 2 minutes, 5seconds
- Capacity: 2,000 riders per hour
- Height: 205 ft.
- Speed: Up to 72 mph
- Ride Length: 5,106 ft.
Also of Interest
Magnum XL-200 is located next to Pretzel Fillers, a great place to pick up a pretzel or a drink!
- Riders must be 48″ to ride.
- Thrill Rating: 5/5
- Magnum XL-200 can be bumpy and painful on the airtime hills.
- The trains are good sized.
Average Wait Times
Usual wait time is 15-45 minutes. This ride is generally most busy in the early afternoon.