Disaster Transport features a track unlike any other at Cedar Point. Riders climb aboard 10-passenger cars that ride in a u-shaped trough (similar to a bobsled). It’s another great intermediate thrill ride for the family!
- Opened In: 1985 (as Avalanche Run), 1990 (as Disaster Transport)
- Built By: Intamin, AG and ITEC Productions
- Ride Time: Approx. 2 minutes, 5 seconds
- Capacity: 1,800 riders per hour
- Height: 63 ft.
- Speed: Up to 40 mph
- Ride Length: 1,932 ft.
Also of Interest
- Riders must be 46″ to ride.
- Thrill Rating: 4/5
- Strobe lighting was used on Disaster Transport, not really anymore.
- The queue line is air conditioned.
Average Wait Times
Usual wait time is 15-45 minutes. This ride is generally most busy in the early afternoon.